Trap is a rather balanced genre when it comes to the amount of releases. Trap originated from Hip Hop in the 1990s in the Southern US. The first ever released Trap track on Monstercat was Stephen Walking's song Move released on August 27th, 2012.
- Claptrap is known for originally being released as Dubstep, but then changed to Trap when the genre color came in to place on October 6th 2014.
- Trap was previously marked as a silver color (Electronic genre color) but was then changed to dark red ever since Aero Chord's song Boundless was released.
- Trap looks to be a sister genre to Future Bass, listening to the drops and trap drops both these genres are being used. However, Future Bass is a more happy trap genre.
- Noisestorm has made 2 trap songs, Heist & Antihero, which surprisingly gained a lot of views and likings from the community because of how Noisestorm now makes Trap. Heist, however, sounds a little more Drumstep in the first drop ratehr than a Trap drop, but some trap songs have this type of drop in it, so it can be considderedTrap.
- Trap is one of the most popular EDM genres as of October 2017, and is growing even more in the future. (Most popular Trap-only music labels are Trap Nation & Trap City (both 7-Million & 1-Million subscriber ones.))
|[ v • t • e ] Alphabetical List of Trap Songs (Genre)|